Saturday, January 13, 2007

12 of 12 January 2007

7:16 AM - A last minute review of the recipes that I'll be fixing for my dinner with friends tonight. I have a few things to pick up on my lunch hour.
8:36 AM - I only talk on my cell phone in the car. I just got this Bluetooth headset that makes driving a whole lot easier, not to mention keeps me legal in DC. I have a friend who will tease me now that I'm one of the "Borg".

9:16 AM - The Washington Post website always loads so frickin' slow when I'm trying to use it at the office. I hate that. All I want is to scan the headlines. Is that too much to ask? For Pete's sake, Post, analyze your peak usage rates and get more server power. Geesh.

11:58 AM- I just finished picking up the few things I need for dinner tonight plus a burrito for lunchie.

3:56 PM - It is much more cold and gray when I leave than it was when I came in. I decided to scoot out a little early to get a head start on my holiday weekend. As my blog will tell you, I love Dr. the King and I choose to celebrate in a non-violent way by avoiding DC rush hour traffic.

5:56 PM - Pepper views the vaccumn cleaner with a hatred born of fear. Not like the "don't sass me or you'll get the beat down" hatred he holds for the humidifier. He knows the Dyson will kick his ass, and since it never loses suction, it will always win.

7:18 PM- I peek in on the pork roast I'm making for dinner. I've made more than I need for this meal with the intention of fixing Carolina pork barbecue later in the week. In about 40 minutes a roasting pan of oiled sliced fennel and leeks will join Mr. Piggy in the oven.

10:23 PM- My friends Robert, Will and Heather join me for dinner. We always end up talking more than we eat, so we didn't sit down to dinner until late. The lemon rice was still warm, though.

12:05 AM- I have to pile all the dishes with food in them on the small counter and open the dishwasher so that the cats won't jump up and try to eat it.


12:13 AM- Pepper would like to know why a) he can't sit at the table like people when we're eating and b) why I didn't save him a plate, since he couldn't be served like a regular person. As you can see from his fatness, he doesn't really need any more food from a plate, out of a bowl, with a fox or wearing socks.

12:34 AM- I liked dinner so well, I posted my menu to the food board I participate in.

12:58 AM- With the leftovers put away, dishes in the dishwasher and everything squared away I gratefully turn in for the night.

BONUS PICTURE- Something New. Will brought me white tulips; new flowers in the house. Thanks! : )

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Such pretty tulips! And Pepper is cute too. ;)

Great 12 of 12.

Cheers,
-Bon.

Anonymous said...

Very nice pics! The flowers are beautiful!!

Zippy said...

Pepper says "I'm just trying to be civilized about it, instead of jumping on counters....jeez!"

Very pretty tulips - and Trader Joe's rocks!

Michele

Heather Brooks said...

Hey girl - thanks so much for dinner it was AWESOME.

:)

I have been having trouble uploading my photos, so I'm gonna re-boot and try again.

(hugs!)