Friday, July 11, 2008

It's Not As If I Blot Out The Sun

My recent exercise in lack of impulse control resulted in a new wedding dress for me. I love it. It is beautiful, elegant and best of all, stain free. My original one was an antique and looked, in pictures, as if yellow paint had been tipped down the back. Not acceptable.

So I got this other dress, which fits now and will fit even better in a few weeks, as I continue with my fitness routine. The shop manager called yesterday to square away some details, and remind me that they cannot let dresses OUT. Apparently the saleslady told her that I was a whale, needing a shoehorn and much grease to squeeze in to this dress. Not acceptable.

Yes, when I put on my reserve jeans yesterday, I could not button them. Yes, it is my personal goal to get in better shape. NO, I am not fat. I need to get back to that happy place I occupied when I first saw the dress on; proud of how I looked and excited to surprise my fiance with my sophisticated grown-up dress.

No comments: