Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ahoy, Bitches!

Tomorrow is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. I love this day because it marks the anniversary of telling a risque joke to a group of high level colleagues AND my boss. I KILLED with this joke and brought joy to everyone's day. The best part was I PIRATED the joke from Robot Chicken.


If between now and tomorrow, you want to memorize some handy words to get in the spirit, practice here.


We're also going to the Maryland Renaissance Festival on Saturday for Pirate's Weekend. We'll be joining our friends who started their romance aboard a Pirates Royale cruise in Annapolis and ended it at the altar. Ha, ha. Just kidding. I'm almost 99% sure romance survives marriage.


Non-pirate-but-RenFest-related request: Please produce historical evidence that some element of the population during the Renaissance wore leather chaps with a horse's tail attached to their naked ass and chain mail bras when going to market. Anyone? Because that is the hot-ticket outfit I get to see whenever I go to the festival. I guess I can take it as long as no portly Storm Troopers show up. When did the Empire build a time machine, and why go FORWARD in time when you could go BACK and take over from the beginning IN YOUR OWN GALAXY?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha ha! I love the peg-leg dog. Funny stuff, my betrothed wench (and I mean that in the best possible way)! -G Miller

Anonymous said...

AVAST, I missed talk like a pirate day! GARRR!