Sunday, December 17, 2006

Without The Third Leg, The Stool Tips Over

Have you ever felt like someone was doing something just to hurt your feelings, but behaving like that is so incongruent with how you've experienced them in the past that maybe you're just paranoid? I'm confused, and it's weaving a small thread of anxiety through my life right now. Compounding that is the fact that I'm feeling extremely misunderstood. I almost always know why I'm doing one thing or another, and can explain exactly why. I've come to find that key elements of my explanation get lost in the mind of the listener. Perhaps only every third word makes it in to the long term memory pan. Mix it all together and a complete fiction is born. The belief in that fiction is fortifying, apparently, since it is clung to most fervently and no amount of effort on my part can dislodge it. Guess what people? I'm out of dynamite.

No comments: