Wednesday, August 13, 2008

12 of 12 August 08


6:16 AM - With my bags packed, I'm ready to head off to work.


7:08 AM - There's some big deal tennis competition in town, so they're using Rock Creek Park to catch the overflow traffic for volunteers and ticket holders. There's lots of new signs with bags for the traffic minders to stow their rubbish.


7:36 AM - In the elevator. I wish that the stairwell doors would open from the stair side, but they don't. We have to take the elevator even if we want to travel one floor up or down.


11:58 AM - My lunch of soy and brown sugar glazed mahi mahi with Thai style rice and green beans is extra delicious. I love that GMiller packs leftovers in meals for me when he cleans up the kitchen. I did it for myself when I lived alone, but it's nice to have someone else take care of you from time to time.


1:26 PM - Looking out my window to gauge whether it will rain today. This week is what I consider unseasonably cool for August in the Washington Metropolitan Area, and we're getting rain more frequently, too.


3:17 PM - I am very sad that one of my favorite comedians, Bernie Mac, died this weekend. I read more about his career online, while I was on a call.


4:13 PM - If I don't leave RIGHT NOW, I'm going to be hella-late to exercise class.


5:53 PM - I got to class on time and sweated a ton. I'm not sure whether it's the new face cream I'm using or what, but I'm sweating more from my face than ever. Clear pores are a blessing and a curse, I suppose.


6:39 PM - Flannel greets me when I get home. Usually both cats are running towards the door as I open it. I see Pepper trundling towards me a moment later. He's so fat, he's going to need a Hoveround. I bet Medicaid won't cover it.


7:31 PM - After my shower, I check the mail. I'm much more on top of this chore now that the wedding RSVP's are coming back in. We got two in this batch. Hooray!


9:12 PM - Our friends' baby arrived last Friday. Now he's home from the hospital, so we went for a visit. This baby is a sugar-bear! He slept most of the time, which is expected when you're only four days old.


9:22 PM - I relinquish the baby to GMiller, but not entirely, as I was holding his little feet and waving them around.

If you are new to 12 of 12 - here are the basics:

1) ALL PHOTOS MUST BE TAKEN ON THE 12TH OF EACH MONTH.

2) After you post your pictures onto a webpage of your choice (Livejournal, typepad, MySpace, Flickr, etc...) please post the TIME, LOCATION, and A SMALL COMMENT in the pic.

3) You own the rights to all of your pictures. The idea "12 of 12" is Chad Darnell's. While credit is not necessary, please don't credit someone else with the idea.

4) The original concept was at least one body part in the picture. That idea was slowly faded away. The important part is that it is 12 pics.

5) The monthly Bonus pic is a 13th picture and is optional.

6) When referring to the project, please refer to it as "12 OF 12" - not "12 ON 12."

7) Once completed, please e-mail or post the PERMALINK of the post AND the city and state or city and country of WHERE THE PICTURES WERE TAKEN. (If you are on vacation, it's where the pics were taken.)

(The permalink is the link to the ENTRY of your page. If you just send me your website, I have to track it down. By listing the permalink, it helps for people to go back and view your previous 12 of 12 entries from previous months.)

ANYONE is welcome to join in, even if you've never done it before! I hope you will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's one of the most unflattering photos of me I've seen in a long time. At least there's a cute baby in there to balance it out some. -G

RachelRed said...

You are so potty! I think you look fine.