Thursday, January 10, 2008

She's Lump, She's In My Head

I have an owie lump on my head right about where you put your hands to do sit ups. My Dr. says that it's a cyst, and I need to see another doctor to confirm that it's not my brain poking out of a hole in my head, or my unborn twin. Either way, they have to cut open my head to fix it. I am nervous about this, as I don't like needles, and since it's not a big lump, they'll probably just shave off a patch of hair, give me a local anesthetic and slice away. Or they'll aspirate it, which is another needle. In. My. Head. With all the panicky thoughts roiling around in there I'm most concerned with how I can get a hair appointment in beforehand. I know I won't be able to get hair dye on the big divot stitches.

I can hear GMiller in my mind telling me to stop psyching myself out and wait for the next Dr.s opinion. He's right. But I can't help thinking about it. So until then, I remain, like Chewbacca's son: Lumpy. (pictured at right)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny - of all the things I'm scared of, needles isn't one of 'em.

I have been thinking about you a lot lately!

RachelRed said...

I've been thinking about you, too. How are things going?

Unknown said...

Careful, once you start looking for photos of Lumpy, Bea Arthur's cabaret number can't be far behind! -G