Thursday, June 09, 2005

Infant Avalanche

Baby fever seems to be erupting all around me. One of my best friends is pregnant with her first child, another friend of mine had her second son recently, ANOTHER friend of mine should be having HER first child any day now, even my Jazzercise instructor is pregnant. I'm the weirdo who doesn't pine for a baby. I don't dislike babies or children, but I don't go ape over them, either. Certainly not the way just a picture of a kitten can melt my heart immediately.
I have friends who say that they would like to adopt, that they want a child, but don't want to be pregnant. I think I would like to try for a child of my own. It's such an awesome responsibility. It's very daunting to think about. But I guess I do think about it since I'm writing it all down.
My good friend will find out whether she's having a boy or a girl at her next appointment. Babies everywhere.

No comments: