Tuesday, January 13, 2009

12 of 12 January 09

This 12 of 12 let's play a game: What I'd like to imagine vs. What's really going on.

4:48 AM- I'd like to imagine that Pepper loves me so much he can't wait for me to open my eyes in the morning so Kissfest can begin anew. What's really going on here is that he's so fat, he starts crying for food at 4 AM. I'm surprised I resisted this long...


6:35 AM- I'd like to imagine that this breakfast combination will increase my fat to fit conversion. What's really going on is that a liquid breakfast is quicker to make and eat than 'most anything else.


6:56 AM-I'd like to imagine that GMiller views driving me to the Metro while my car is in the shop as an opportunity get a jump on filling his days with fun. What's really happening is that he's counting the miles 'til he can resume slumber.


7:42- I'd like to imagine that taking the Metro will make me feel somehow virtuous and more green. What's really going on is that I've learned to love my car and morning privacy with renewed vigor.


9:37 AM- I'd like to imagine that this pile of feedback from a recent beta test of our Website will be full of non-constructive blather.What's really going on is a pretty good perspective on how we can improve the site for our users. Bonus!


1:01 PM- I'd like to imagine one day this list will winnow away to nothing. What's really going on is a whole bunch of reasons to keep me employed.


3:55 PM- Speeding towards home, I'd like to imagine that my garage will call to say that my car's ready. What's really going on is that as I travel, the phone will not ring.


4:10 PM-I'd like to imagine these seashell sculptures were an effort by my city to beautify a public space. What's going on is a deterrent to skateboarding youth.


4:20 PM- I'd like to imagine that the garage will call as I walk to GMiller's car. What's going on is no phone call, but a great opportunity for simultaneous 12 of 12 action! HOT!


6:28 PM- I'd like to imagine that I'll be able to buy a share in a Community Supported Agriculture farm for the upcoming growing season. What's happening is that I'm doing research and inviting another couple to share the share.


7:06 PM- I'd like to imagine that one day, Pepper will dissolve in to a furry puddle and be featured on the Jerry Springer Show on the "Too Fat To Live" episode. "I don't want to die, Jerry... I don't want to die." What's happening is that Jerry Springer will not consider feline obesity as a show focus, I'll bet.


11:06 PM- I'd like to imagine that I'll read more than two pages of this book tonight. What's happening is the book falls out of my hands and hits me in the nose as I drift off.

If you are new to 12 of 12 - here are the basics:

1) ALL PHOTOS MUST BE TAKEN ON THE 12TH OF EACH MONTH.

2) After you post your pictures onto a webpage of your choice (Livejournal, typepad, MySpace, Flickr, etc...) please post the TIME, LOCATION, and A SMALL COMMENT in the pic.

3) You own the rights to all of your pictures. The idea "12 of 12" is Chad Darnell's. While credit is not necessary, please don't credit someone else with the idea.

4) The original concept was at least one body part in the picture. That idea was slowly faded away. The important part is that it is 12 pics.

5) When referring to the project, please refer to it as "12 OF 12" - not "12 ON 12."

6) Once completed, please e-mail or post the PERMALINK of the post AND the city and state or city and country of WHERE THE PICTURES WERE TAKEN. (If you are on vacation, it's where the pics were taken.)

(The permalink is the link to the ENTRY of your page. If you just send me your website, I have to track it down. By listing the permalink, it helps for people to go back and view your previous 12 of 12 entries from previous months.)

ANYONE is welcome to join in, even if you've never done it before! I hope you will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the photo commentary!

Heather said...

Clever way to keep kids from skateboarding!

So you are doing your 12 of 12 on the 9th now?

You guys are so darn cute together!