Thursday, June 14, 2007

Moses, I love ya.


I am so queer for this movie. I will watch it whenever it's on, like now, and I cry EVERY TIME. The voice of God just woke up Pepper. He doesn't just talk to Moses, apparently.

I read in a great book, "Harlot By The Side of The Road" how Tziporah saved Moses when God sent a spirit to smite HIM. She circumcised him. He was set in the basket before the Bris, I guess, and Ra didn't go in for that sort of thing. So Mr. Ten Commandments was not right in the eyes of the Lord. Good thing he married a quick thinking Shicksa, or it would all be over before it began. Girls rule!

Interesting that Ralph Feinnes plays evil enslaver Rameses, a human god AND Lord Voldemort evil enslaver who wishes he were a god. HMMMM...

1 comment:

Heather Brooks said...

You know I'm not religious, but I like this movie too, it's a good story.

My favorite song is the one that the big happy guy sings about looking at your life through heaven's eyes.

Since I have kids I've seen this movie dozens of times. I haven't got it on DVD yet tho.