Thursday, April 12, 2007

12 of 12 April 07



7:15 AM - Flannel takes his protective duties seriously. Even though the spy hole he chewed in the last set of blinds has been replaced by sturdy aluminum slats, he makes a habit of parking lot surveillance. Get him a trench coat and he could be McGruff, Jr. Except he's a cat.



7:37 AM - Not even the Lorax would speak for this tree in my parking lot. It needs an advocate, though, because the building has made the decision to take out all the trees in our parking lot. They're really not doing well.



10:47 AM- A morning snack while I read yesterday's Food section. They have a new editor for the Food section and he seems to be taking the "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?" approach to food journalism. Reduce wine coverage while increasing beer coverage. Man-catcher brownie recipes and "Bistro dining comes to DC!" features. Bo-ring!



12:22 AM - I'm in the middle of constructing a timeline for a follow up memo I have to write to a vendor. Sounds like the WaPo Food section (boring), but I have fun with it.



3:22 PM - On the phone with GMiller. Our first 12 of 12 that we're in each other's photo line up, even if it is only telephonic.



3:44 PM- I'm leaving work now because after suffering with the flu for three days, I only have energy reserves for seven hours. The predicted rain showers are rolling in making the sky look really dramatic.



3:45 PM - I wonder why it smells so sweet in my car, then I realize that I took this bottle I got on the flight home from Savannah out of my purse and put it in the drinks holder in my car to remind me to bring it in the house and not drive or walk around with booze anymore. Savannah is in Georgia, not Maryland, Drunky!



3:58 PM- The rain hits while I'm driving by the Watergate. I wonder what happens now in the offices that Nixon had broken into.



4:26 PM- Ask not for whom the chipper chips, tree. It chips for THEE!



5:44 PM- Flannel completes his afternoon surveillance by monitoring my vital signs with his super sensitive Medi-paws. A tricorder has nothin' on this cat.



7:30 PM- Pepper comes to sound the Suppertime Claxon Horn of Lateness in my ear. I guess his staring and whimpering isn't getting the job done.



8:54 PM- I take my evening Tamiflu dose. It feels like it helped even if maybe it didn't.



BONUS PIC: Chad's random word generator came up with "office" for me. We are moving our OFFICE and here's a floorplan of our proposed OFFICE space in the new building.

If you are new to 12 of 12 - here are the basics:1) ALL PHOTOS MUST BE TAKEN ON THE 12TH OF EACH MONTH.2) After you post your pictures onto a webpage of your choice (Livejournal, typepad, MySpace, Flickr, etc...) please post the TIME, LOCATION, and A SMALL COMMENT in the pic.3) You own the rights to all of your pictures. The idea "12 of 12" is Chad Darnell's. While credit is not necessary, please don't credit someone else with the idea.4) The original concept was at least one body part in the picture. That idea was slowly faded away. The important part is that it is 12 pics.5) The monthly Bonus pic is a 13th picture and is optional.6) When referring to the project, please refer to it as "12 OF 12" - not "12 ON 12."7) Once completed, please e-mail or post the PERMALINK of the post AND the city and state or city and country of WHERE THE PICTURES WERE TAKEN. (If you are on vacation, it's where the pics were taken.)(The permalink is the link to the ENTRY of your page. If you just send me your website, I have to track it down. By listing the permalink, it helps for people to go back and view your previous 12 of 12 entries from previous months.)ANYONE is welcome to join in, even if you've never done it before! I hope you will.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Flannel is a perfect name for your cat. they are both so cute!

CondoBlogger said...

I also love that name... Flannel. Very cute.

...and a bottle of the Glen Livett in your car is a FANTASTIC idea! Not for drinking while driving, but just to have ready when you get where you are going!

Anonymous said...

I really liked your pictures Rachel especially your cats. I hope that you feel better soon

Sally

Zippy said...

Feel better! Your kitties I'm sure will prod you into better health.

Poor tree.

Michele

Heather Brooks said...

The flu! GAHH!!! Hope you feel better soon!

I love the first one - aren't you glad you have Officer McFluff keeping you safe?

:)

I forgot to do my 12 of 12 - I have been trying to do too many things for everybody else and I am forgetting my own fun for ME. I love doing 12of12 - the nice thing about it though is that there is always next month!

I'm probably going to do an April catch-up blog with photos.

It was great to me the G-man the other day, even if so briefly!

The file cabinet is hard at work and it says even though it misses you it's pretty happy. :)