Saturday, July 02, 2005

Sometimes Apart Is Good

Gavin travels a lot for work; about 3 weeks out of every month. I like the space it gives us. I have a tendency to overdo it on things I really like. As an extra bonus, we get to subsidize our vacations through his work. We visit New Orleans every year, we've been to San Francisco and later this year, we'll probably be able to visit the Hawaiian Islands. Here's a picture of us in Ft. Morgan, AL on our first New Orleans trip:
I think he's sweet on me.

He's away right now, and I miss him. Most of his travel this year has been to the West Coast, making it difficult for us to touch base during the week.

He's promised to help me practice my Zydeco dance steps this weekend. I'm just learning, and I'm finding that I need to practice the timing on my turns. He's not much for dancing, but he's a good sport about practicing with me in the privacy of our respective living rooms. I'm going to tear up the dance floor the next time we're in the Big Easy!

Soon, I'll start salsa dancing. I'll have two salsa classes under my belt before we go to Miami. I'm pretty sure he won't practice that with me; there are too many moving parts in salsa. He knows that I want to spend at least one night out dancing, so he'll be my mojito monitor at the club.

My new favorite sweet treat: Total 0% Greek yogurt with a touch of tupelo honey. So GOOD!

No comments: