Monday, April 13, 2009

12 of 12 April 09


10:29 AM- Ingredients for my coconut-vanilla cupcakes need to come to room temperature before baking. It turns out I need more butter. Paula Deen would be proud.


12:47 PM- The first batch is out of the oven. They smell good, but I put too much batter in some of the cups. The good news is, the mistakes are still edible.


1:05 PM- Pepper enjoys some Springtime sun.


3:01 PM- I used bourbon to mist the brown sugar coating on my ham before pressing gingersnap crumbs on. Another blitz in the oven, and the main course will be ready.


3:25 PM- In between preparing Easter dinner dishes, I managed to clean out my closet; divvying up clothes to go to the cleaner and to Goodwill. I'm glad that my Goodwill pile is larger.


4:05 PM- Easter colors for my cupcake frosting. I think they came out well. Gel food coloring is the best; vivid with just a little mixed in and no taste.


4:30- Hooray! Easter cupcakes!


6:25- Easter cocktails; a Bulliet bourbon Manhattan, though, considering the season, I should have made a Corpse Reviver #2.


7:46 PM- Dinner is ready! Brown sugar, gingersnap glazed ham; hard-boiled eggs with parsley watercress sauce; lemon risotto; oven roasted fennel and mushrooms and green pea mash.


9:30 PM- I enjoy a cupcake while watching In Treatment on HBO. GMiller and I like to call technical fouls on the therapist in the series. **SPOILER ALERT** I'm frankly surprised it's taken a patient this long to sue Paul for malpractice.


10:13 PM- On to the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. I love this show, it is well made, interesting and no white people.


11:40 PM- In bed at last with my favorite footwarmer.

If you are new to 12 of 12 - here are the basics:

1) ALL PHOTOS MUST BE TAKEN ON THE 12TH OF EACH MONTH.

2) After you post your pictures onto a webpage of your choice (Livejournal, typepad, MySpace, Flickr, etc...) please post the TIME, LOCATION, and A SMALL COMMENT in the pic.

3) You own the rights to all of your pictures. The idea "12 of 12" is Chad Darnell's. While credit is not necessary, please don't credit someone else with the idea.

4) The original concept was at least one body part in the picture. That idea was slowly faded away. The important part is that it is 12 pics.

5) When referring to the project, please refer to it as "12 OF 12" - not "12 ON 12."

6) Once completed, please e-mail or post the PERMALINK of the post AND the city and state or city and country of WHERE THE PICTURES WERE TAKEN. (If you are on vacation, it's where the pics were taken.)

(The permalink is the link to the ENTRY of your page. If you just send me your website, I have to track it down. By listing the permalink, it helps for people to go back and view your previous 12 of 12 entries from previous months.)

ANYONE is welcome to join in, even if you've never done it before! I hope you will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And now we have cupcakes and ham for a week (well a day or two, at least)!

Chris said...

OK, the Paula Deen reference made me laugh out loud. It's so true!

I've only seen the pilot/movie of No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency - Looking forward to seeing the show, although that may take a while since we don't get HBO. It's OK. I'll wait :)

Nice 12!