Sunday, January 13, 2008

12 of 12 January 08


9:47 AM- Home from exercise via my office where I had to go pick up my camera. GMiller is coming down with the flu and needs to replenish his electrolytes, so gives the human salt lick a kiss. It's a win-win for both of us.


10:32 AM- Now that he's a bona fide Mouse Hunter, Flannel can barely contain his own suaveness. He spent a few minutes shrugging his fur and shaking his paws this morning as the masculinity rolled off him in waves.



11:45- Killing time outside the house, to avoid potential buyers, we go to World Market in Chevy Chase. I'm hoping to find some cheap furniture for my office, but we never even make it to that side of the store, getting predictably stuck in the wine and food aisles. I actually like Spotted Dick, but this was more than I could handle in one bite.


12:35 PM- Still out we go to the Trader Joe's in Foggy Bottom. It is huge and has liquor and beer, because it's in DC. Since we already loaded up on booze in Chevy Chase, our focus here is on actual comestibles.


12:41 PM- Though weakening by the minute, GMiller is strong like bull and carries our TJ's booty all the way back to the car. Once packed up, we head to Burger King then home so my flu-y fellow can rest.


5:44 PM- I'm meeting my friend Elizabeth for a Cyrus Chestnut jazz concert tonight. I have to get there early to pick up my tickets at Will Call, so I have to hurry and put the final touches on my make-up.


6:50 PM- My destination is in sight. Next I will have to run the parking gauntlet. Although it's a painful process, it is much better than it ever has been. When I was in my early twenties, you could park in front of the Saudi Arabian embassy across the street from the Center. Those days are long gone, believe you me.


7:10 PM- In the Hall of Sates after picking up the tickets. The show was in the Family Theatre, which neither Elizabeth or I had ever been in for a performance. Not having a chance to pick your seats means sometimes you sit behind a pole or something like that. We were very lucky, getting center seats at the very front row of the balcony section. It was if the band were performing just for us. Very cool.


9:15- After the concert we follow the exit signs thinking we're heading back to the Hall of States... Wrong! It's really the exit and we get dumped out in front of the Center itself. We go back in to get to the garage for the car. We have reservations for dinner at Circle Bistro in a few minutes, where Elizabeth's husband will meet us. Dinner was very good, and I'd like to go back to try more of the menu. I got tagliatelle with rabbit ragu. Excellent.


11:57 PM- I come home to find GMiller trying the old homestead cure for a cough - whiskey. He says it makes his phlegm taste like peat.


11:58- Pepper cannot contain his glee at having me home again. He breaks in to ecstatic rolling and leg stretching, which all spells "I love you" in interpretive cat dance circles. Or maybe it means "my belly is empty, feed me". I'm going to take the love interpretation.


12:06 AM- As I head to bed, GMiller uploads his 12 of 12 while taking his "medicine".

If you are new to 12 of 12 - here are the basics:

1) ALL PHOTOS MUST BE TAKEN ON THE 12TH OF EACH MONTH.

2) After you post your pictures onto a webpage of your choice (Livejournal, typepad, MySpace, Flickr, etc...) please post the TIME, LOCATION, and A SMALL COMMENT in the pic.

3) You own the rights to all of your pictures. The idea "12 of 12" is Chad Darnell's. While credit is not necessary, please don't credit someone else with the idea.

4) The original concept was at least one body part in the picture. That idea was slowly faded away. The important part is that it is 12 pics.

5) The monthly Bonus pic is a 13th picture and is optional.

6) When referring to the project, please refer to it as "12 OF 12" - not "12 ON 12."

7) Once completed, please e-mail or post the PERMALINK of the post AND the city and state or city and country of WHERE THE PICTURES WERE TAKEN. (If you are on vacation, it's where the pics were taken.)

(The permalink is the link to the ENTRY of your page. If you just send me your website, I have to track it down. By listing the permalink, it helps for people to go back and view your previous 12 of 12 entries from previous months.)

ANYONE is welcome to join in, even if you've never done it before! I hope you will.

5 comments:

Dogeared said...

Not having a MySpace, I couldn't comment on Gavin's 12 of 12, but luckily you included the Spotted Dick moment too - and honestly, Foggy Bottom made me smile!

Scooter said...

One of our cats does the same dance. I'm so glad you interpreted it for me.

Susan said...

I was unable to post on Gavin's 12of12 either.....but am proud of myself for actually figuring out that you two were a couple while reading your blog! great to get 2 views of the same day!

Anonymous said...

Love it love it love it - great commentary -- thank you, R.! JPWK

Zippy said...

A double-dose of spotted dick in one 12 of 12. Yowsa!

Your kitties are lovely.